Step One: Water testing and Consultation
Pool water has ideal ranges for pH, Calcium Hardness, Total Alkalinity, TDS ppm and Cyanuric Acid, we will test for each of these and provide the client with the results. Based on the results and onsite inspection of water, tile and plaster, we can provide the client with a maintenance recommendation.
Step Two: Water preparation and pre-filter screening
If scale and other compounds have built up on pool walls, a chemical solution is added to the pool water that is capable of dissolving the buildup and suspending it in the pool water. When water quality contains larger debris, screening filters are first used to avoid clogging the fine filters used in the purification process.
Step Three: High Pressure Membrane Filtration
Water is pumped from the pool to the mobile trailer where it is processed through the high pressure membranes that will remove all the pool water contaminants; the water is then returned to the pool.
Step Four: Corrections to Pool Water Chemistry
After the purification process, the pool water is chemically adjusted to be compatible with the pool’s interior surface and balanced to the ideal swimming conditions.
TDS Levels= total dissolved solids
Typical swimming pool solids are: short carbon chains, and salts of principally calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, bicarbonates, chlorides, and sulfates.
- 0-100: water is too pure, water will weaken plaster/grout, rust metal parts, chlorine other sanitizers have a very short effective timescale
- 100-300: water is ideal for swimming, will not damage equipment, requires low maintenance and few chemicals
- 400-700: water begins to model plaster, requires more chemicals to treat, and leaves faint smell on skin
- 700-2500: water will model pool plaster, corrosion expected in heater/pumps, strong odor, water is cloudy
- 2500-4000 water becomes muddy, plaster is heavily modeled, eyes will burn after swimming, and skin will itch
Sanitized swimming pool water still contains the salts, chemicals, dust and inert organic matter left over from the cleaning process. Traditional pool filters simply aren’t fine enough to remove these items. As these dissolved solids build up it requires more and more chemicals to sanitize the pool, wreaking havoc on the equipment, staining tile, shorting the life of the plaster. Pools with a high dissolved solids or TDS counts, leave the skin smelly, are hard on swimwear and lack clarity
- Heavy chorlin leeches color & vitamins from hair, ages skin, burn lungs and eyes
- Heavy minerals & sulfates can irritate the skin, creating health problems
-SB health department is not testing for TDS, only pH and free chorine levels, the pH verifies the water won’t immediately burn the skin, and the chorine verifies nothing is living in the water. Sulfates, heavy metals and minerals, and other negative long term particles are not regulated.
Improved water quality requiring fewer chemicals to keep water balanced.
Improved tile and stucco appearance for years while keeping ware on pool equipment to minimum.
Reducing damage to hair and lasting odors to skin after swimming.